Script Editor Autocomplete Optional?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Sep 14 12:15:34 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-14 18:07, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> I do think I might use it on those occasions when I can't remember a
> term, which usually happens with newly introduced features. The
> suggestion to put a quick toggle into the contextual menu is very
> tempting for that reason. Another reason for a toggle is to turn it on
> while writing new scripts and toggle it off when debugging or editing
> existing ones.

I think this is how I'll mostly use it as well - as an aide-memoir,
rather than to save typing.

Another option here (beyond the shortcut to show completions option)
might be to have an option to display the current list of potential
completions in the pane at the bottom rather than in a drop-down list
that means there would never be anything distracting in the context of
where you are currently typing, but the information the suggestions
provide is always present for reference when needed.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps