Android Audio Playback & Recording

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Sep 13 00:52:01 EDT 2017

Peter Reid wrote:

    1. Find a way of getting the Fire/Android to play an arbitrary sound clip (typically less than 2-3 secs). I've gone for WAV format initially but I can easily make them something else (MP3, AAC, OGG, etc). ANY IDEAS for this?

BR: Did you try the mobile player and play .mp3? it's working well here on Nexus 5 (Android)

    2. Find a way of getting the Fire/Android to record the sufferer's speech (probably less than 5-10 secs). ANY IDEAS for this?

BR : Alejandro reminded us of this (his replies to a different thread in my email for some reason)

https://livecode.com/android-audio-recording-library-using-java-ffi/

That's just a tad "scary"  !  = non-trivial pursuit. Hopefully someone till build a sample stack we can all grab and use to get going.