put after

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 17:50:50 EDT 2017

Put "two" after word 1 of "word"

result: "wordtwo"

put "two" after word 2 of "word"

result: "wordtwo"

'after word' basically counts white space. eg, "word,word,word" is counted
as one word". "word                   word" with several spaces counts as
two words. "word         " still counts as one word. There is no word two
here so it will always append after the same as if it was 'after word 53'!

But when you use put x *after* word y of z *into* z, with z being "word", x
being "two" and y being 2, you are using after out of syntax because you
wouldn't use **after** and **into** in the same 'put' line

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
'Don't try to think outside the box. Just remember the truth: There is no
box!'
'For then you realise it is not the box you are trying to look outside of,
but it is yourself!'

eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609

On 11 September 2017 at 22:11, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <