Getting saucy

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Sep 10 16:29:48 EDT 2017

> On 11 Sep 2017, at 12:54 am, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I did that sort of thing about 3-4 years ago in a rather feeble attempt to build a Livecode
> version to run on Linux PPC . . .
>
> Most open source efforts supply a folder with the build files inside it rather
> than forcing people down the slightly recherché route of git-hub.

Hmm… most open source efforts? Would be interested in stats. My expectation would be most just use GitHub. Regardless I think we all have more helpful things to do rather than replicate GitHub functionality.

Having said that it’s open source so anyone can feel free to maintain some other means of access to the source. It would be a hefty task because it’s constantly changing. You can download as a folder from GitHub I think although as Brian said our build tools run some git commands for various things.. probably only the current commit hash is required so you could work around that.

If you are interested in building LiveCode from source then I’d suggest the simplest route is to follow our documented instructions that Brian pointed to. They include the few git commands required to get the source.

Cheers

Monte