windows standalone seems double the file size in every version past 8.14

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Wed Sep 6 16:12:37 EDT 2017

Yeah...I've been trying to test my stack with versions that are past 8.14
in hopes that certain glitches are getting resolved..... and they are.

everything seems to be running fine...... BUT the standalone is twice the
size.

what could be causing that?  ...i've seen it a bunch of times now.

I once watched the folder when the standalone is built. and its your
.livecode file ..... that gets copied then renamed to exe file ..... by
what magic this all happens, I guess I will find out iby looking at the
build standalone code.

So I'm guessing something isn't getting erased.

any thoughts? i guess is should bug report it too.