Deploying to Android (Amazon Fire 7)

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 15:32:05 EDT 2017

Hi Jonathan, Colin & Jacqueline

Thanks for the various suggestions.

On my Mac, I have installed the Java SDK 8.144 and Android Studio 2.3.3 together with Android File Transfer.  In LC 8.1.6 I have set up the reference to the Android SDK (/Users/peter/Library/Android/sdk/).  On my Amazon Fie 7 tablet, I have enabled Developer mode and EDB debugging.

With this set-up I am able to build an APK app package and copy the APK to the Downloads folder on the tablet.  If I tap open the APK file it offers to install it, with 2 apparently active buttons - Cancel and Install (both in the same colour orange text). The screen correctly list the facilities the app will need access to.  However, only the Cancel responds to a tap, the Install does nothing and says nothing!

Any suggestions as to how I get over this last hurdle?

Thanks

Peter
--
Peter Reid