TSNet error 6

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Sep 5 11:19:52 EDT 2017

If you are referring to the server using an IP address, then DNS is out of the equation, unless tsnet is internally trying to resolve a DNS name, which it might if signed SSL certificates are involved. If that is the case, then yes, it is out of your control, much like my Forms Generator app, when the local IT at a site has locked down outbound connections to SQL servers, or all DNS queries go through their content management system.

In these cases, knowing the IP of the certificate server (like go daddy or network solutions) would not help as these are usually server farms and the IP address can change moment to moment. DNS is essential. It is possible (though definitely not prescribed) to create a hosts entry for one of the IP addresses of the cert authority, but there is no guarantee that server will be online in the future.

Bob S