Print to PDF output dodgy on Windows

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 4 05:32:05 EDT 2017

Thanks again Mark – it’s all printing nicely now without having to close and open the target stack.

Regards,

Terry...

    On 2017-09-04 09:20, Terry Judd via use-livecode wrote:
    > Thanks Mark - I wasn't aware of that setting. I'll try setting it to
    > true before I print each report and see what happens. Based on the
    > dictionary entry it sounds like I'll need to set it back to false
    > again before my script updates all the report's various templates, and
    > perhaps even close and reopen the stack before turning it back on and
    > printing the next report?

    The dictionary entry might need an update. Since we added 'fullscreen
    mode', I think the engine is a lot better at 'resetting things' when you
    toggle formatForPrinting on and off.

    The 'formatForPrinting' changes the way fonts are handled on Windows to
    ensure that screen-specific hints and metric changes don't occur -
    'fullscreen mode' uses it implicitly internally on Windows too
    (otherwise fonts don't necessarily linearly scale with size, something
    which is quite important for printing!) so you should find you can just
    toggle it on and off.

    Warmest Regards,

    Mark.

    LiveCode: Everyone can create apps