TSNet error 6

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Sep 1 19:18:01 EDT 2017

On 01/09/2017 21:41, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:

> If the web site has a static IP and the Android app uses that instead
> of a domain name, will that fix it? The app is communicating with a
> database on the web server.

I think the answer is "it will stop you getting a tsnet error (6)".
That doesn't mean it will "fix" it. Most likely (as others have said in
more detail), it's a result of flaky or intermittent network connection
somewhere, making your DNS lookups fail incompletely. Using a static IP
will simply mean that no DNS lookup is needed - so your attempt to
transfer data will get started and likely fail in some other way because
of that flaky connection.

How (whether) that shows itself to the user is unpredictable :-)

Alex.