Relative Paths in Property Inspector

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 31 14:43:35 EDT 2017

On 10/31/17 11:57 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> no I'm referring to the usernames on the machine.  I'm using google drive
> (backup and sync and file stream).  I use dropbox for app data storage and
> transfer.

Here is my setup: I created a folder in Dropbox named "Application
Support". I put the LC folder in there as well as BBEdit's preferences
and a few other things I want to share among machines.

On Mac #1, the path in the LC prefs is:
/Users/Username1/Dropbox/Application Support/My LiveCode

Mac #2:
/Users/username2/Dropbox/Application Support/My LiveCode

And so forth. Dropbox keeps the folders in sync and because it's a local
folder on each drive, LC has no problem accessing it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com