Socket help needed for API

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sun Oct 29 07:49:06 EDT 2017

I have been using LC to access an API through conventional means, but
that site has now changed to a socket protocol. I have tried various
methods, but just can’t get it to work.

I would appreciate it if someone familiar with sockets could take a look
and show me how to do this. I only need to know how to establish a
connection and receive data. I can take it from there.

The information I am looking to receive is what is produced through this
now deprecated API. It is a list of all of the digital tokens being
traded at this site. (Note: you may have to send this link a few times
in order to get a response. The site is often overloaded.)

     put https://api.etherdelta.com/returnTicker

I want to receive the same information, but using the new socket-based
API shown here.

https://github.com/etherdelta/etherdelta.github.io/blob/master/docs/API.md
https://github.com/etherdelta/etherdelta.github.io/tree/master/bots

Thank you very much for help with this.