Call for Speakers 2018

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Fri Oct 27 00:08:49 EDT 2017

> On 26 Oct 2017, at 11:28 pm, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I already asked Kevin to add a series on hacking the IDE.  We could do a
> project as part of that, perhaps redoing the project browser - that would
> probably take long enough to require an hour each session...

If you are interested on project browser improvements you might want to look at the object repository library I did a couple of weeks ago. The idea with it is as the IDE (particularly the PB) needs to keep track of objects that have mutable long IDs it’s hard to make it robust. The library uses a store of direct object references in LCB and an integer reference to them so that if the name changes you can keep track of it.

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/6050 <https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/6050>

Cheers

Monte