Autosaving stacks corrupted on network drives

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Oct 25 13:12:52 EDT 2017

Okay I think I see what is going on here. A Livecode stack, though it appears to be open in the IDE, is NOT open from the OS point of view. To test this, create a new livecode stack, save it, then attempt to delete it in the OS while it's still open in the IDE. If my theory is correct, you should have no problem doing so.

I did this and sure enough, I was able to put the file in the trash, AND THEN EMPTY IT! But when I saved again in the IDE, it recreated the file.

Bob S