Need Dropbox guidance

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 17 08:55:16 EDT 2017

I'm mostly converted to the LC library, and everything seems to be working.
Best options to try:
1) Download Gerard's original stack, and see what works and what breaks
(and what the responses are).  https://github.com/macMikey/dropboxapi_v2.
This is my default choice as I have learned a lot beating on his stack.
2) lc's dropbox library has a couple of unpatched issues.  One of those is
only returning half of the error message when there is a failure.  You can
download my pathced version here:
https://github.com/macMikey/LCDropboxLibrary.
2.1) If you choose to download and use my patched version, either
copy/paste the script into your stack script so that it overrides LC's
library, or add it as a substack/library in 8.
2.2) After the upload and download lines in your script, check both it and
the result.  What do those say?
2.3 does mptest already exist at / on your dropbox store?  If it doesn't,
you have to create the folder.
2.4 don't forget that dropboxDownload puts the contents of the file into
it.  You have to create the file afterwards.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 7:51 AM, pink via use-livecode <