Android Sound Capture in WAV format

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 05:14:29 EDT 2017

Since Ali got sound capture for Android working, I'm trying to see if it's possible to output the sound in WAV format instead of MP4 format. I'm trying to compare 2 sounds (1 prepared previously against 1 captured on the Android device) and it seems to be easier to compare them if they are both uncompressed WAV files.  Looking at the various parameters in the library, I can't see how to set it up to output in uncompressed WAV format. Here is the initialisation code I'm using:

	androidRecorderSetRecordInput "Mic"
	androidRecorderSetRecordCompressionType "AMR NB"
	androidRecorderSetRecordFormat "ThreeGPP"

I can't see which alternatives for CompressionType (AMR NB) and Format (ThreeGPP) will give me uncompressed WAV files. Am I missing something or does the library need updating to support WAV (if this is possible)?

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Loughborough, UK