Atkinson dither algorithm & 'for each' loop

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Oct 12 07:48:21 EDT 2017

Hi Peter,

> One note of caution regarding the use of the "repeat for each" loop,
> whilst you will get a loop iteration for every value in the collection
> (fldhexa3 in your example), you are not guaranteed the order in which they
> will occur.

Are you sure? My understanding has always been that chunk items, e.g.
	repeat for each [ byte | char | word | item | line] <var> in <container>

will always be sequential (indeed that's why this structure is fast) - it's
only when dealing with hashed arrays that the sequence is not reliable, i.e.
	repeat for each key <var> in <array>
	repeat for each element <var> in <array>

Do you have experience to the contrary?

best regards,

Ben