[ANN] Release 8.1.7 RC-3

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Thu Oct 5 11:35:13 EDT 2017

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.7 RC-3.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================

LiveCode 8.1.7 RC-3 contains an important change:

Using Xcode 9 for building iOS standalones in LiveCode 8.1.7 RC-3 now
creates a universal binary, i.e. the binary contains both a 32bit slice and
a 64bit slice. This means that you can install it in older Apple devices
that have a 32bit chip (and thus require the app to have a 32bit slice),
such as iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and 4th gen iPad.

This was not possible in LiveCode 8.1.7 RC-2.

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team