[OT] Alternative to Inkscape

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 5 10:58:33 EDT 2017

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

 > In my humble opinion, after 12 years it has to be easier
 > to convince WC3 to change the SVG standard and adopt
 > Inkscape bottomleft page origin... :D

If there needs to be a bad guy here maybe the better finger-wagging
would be toward John Warnock, for approving a Postscript spec that uses
a coordinate system unlike anything else in the computing world,
bifurcating the software landscape into bottom-zero and top-zero camps.

And ever since the Postscript licensing debacle which eventually
prompted everyone else to join together to replace Postscript fonts with
TrueType (not to mention the dismally wonky PDF format), who doesn't
enjoy picking on Warnock? ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems