not really OT: The Coming Software Apocalypse

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Oct 4 13:45:28 EDT 2017

Except people will always want what they want. As I understand it, that
drives disagreements far more than the absence/presence of knowledge.
(James 4:1 <https://www.bible.com/bible/111/JAS.4.1.niv>)

Sorry, I couldn't resist... I just HAD to respond to your
tongue-in-cheek comment...
Guess that makes me the poster child of what I just said. :-)

Phil Davis

On 10/4/17 10:10 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
> To which I will add as a side note, once we know everything, there will be no more opinions or opposing views. :-)
>
> Bob S
>

>> On Oct 4, 2017, at 09:12 , Jim Lambert via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Richmond wrote:
>>>
>>> once a system constructed by humans reaches a certain level of complexity
>>> those humans are unable to predict how it will behave in certain circumstances.
>> And sometimes we’re unable to explain WHY a system behaved as it did, which is increasingly common with certain AI and cognitive computing systems.
>>
>> Jim Lambert

Phil Davis