Scrollbar control and auto complete confusion

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Oct 3 18:44:00 EDT 2017

> On 4 Oct 2017, at 9:37 am, William Prothero via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Interesting. I wonder, doesn’t it violate the usefulness of autocomplete if there are a bunch of items listed that don’t pertain to the control being edited?

dragLeave can be used by a scrollbar. Note that all the completions from the docs have a summary shown so you can get a reasonable idea what they are for if you are unfamiliar with them before applying.

> I somehow had assumed that the list was adjusted to be relevant to the particular control’s script in question.

It is adjusted for the control type (at least the messages are). They are filtered using the associations element in the dictionary.

Cheers

Monte