Using shell on Windows

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Oct 3 14:25:21 EDT 2017

Attempting to debug an ugly memory problem on a remote machine, I've installed
pslist.exe, one of the SysInternals tools, and want my LiveCode script to
invoke it via "shell" at various intervals to get some data about memory usage.

Initially I just dropped pslist.exe into the same folder as my Windows
standalone. But the call to
	shell("pslist -m myapp")

returned
	'pslist' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

I verified that in the DOS terminal window, this was the same result as
attempting to invoke pslist from any other directory. So I moved it into a
directory that was already in the PATH. Now I could invoke it succesfully from
any directory, in the DOS window. But when my standalone ran, the result was
the same.

So then I got desperate, and coded my LiveCode app to use the full path to the
exe, but I just got

	'C:\Windows\System32\pslist.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file.

I hope I am missing a simple thing - how can I invoke a windows exe in this
way through the shell command?

TIA,

Ben