How do I catch href tel web link to dial a phone number?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Nov 29 20:18:46 EST 2017

I would like to catch the href tel link from a phone number on a web page to enable click to dial from a web page with our Zultys unified communications applications MXIE and ZAC.

https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/native-hardware/click-to-call/ <https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/native-hardware/click-to-call/> has a great discussion and link on this which should work for Firefox and Chrome on Macintosh OS. For example Firefox prompts the user to choose which application to send it to.

How can I capture the link details “tel:+1-303-449-7111 <tel:+1-303-449-7111>” as the input for my application?

Thank you,
Bill Vlahos