RESTful PUT error

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sun Nov 26 11:07:45 EST 2017

If I remember correctly, PUT was never implemented in LibUrl.  I have only
needed GET and POST in my rather limited uses.

~Roger

On Nov 26, 2017 10:37 AM, "Andrew Bell via use-livecode" <

I'm working on connecting to a 3rd-party API (Pipedrive) to a LiveCode app
I've done and seem to have a problem; any assistance would be appreciated.
Dummy (sandbox) account information has been included with my code sample.

I've never used RESTful before, but the API seems pretty well documented
and I've had success much faster than anticipated working with the data in
LiveCode. It looks like commands are broke down into 3 types: GET (to
retrieve data), POST (to create new data), and PUT (to update existing
data).

I can retrieve data using "put URL tRequestURL1 into tJSONfromPipedrive"
I can create new data using "post tJSONtoUpload to url tRequestURL2"
But when I try to update data using "put tJSONtoUpload into url
tRequestURL2" I get a 400 error from the server. I tried to
urlEncode(tJSONtoUpload) but got the same error.

Their API includes a sandbox for testing, and my code seems to align with
their examples and helped me get my tests in order. I'm just not sure
what's wrong with my PUT command. https://developers.pipedrive.c
om/docs/api/v1/#!/Persons/put_persons_id

VARIABLE VALUES:
httpHeaders = {"Accept":"application/json"}
tRequestURL1 = https://api.pipedrive.com/v1/persons?api_token=ef2c59a67144d
185277fee92aa9ede877c6c10ff
tRequestURL2 = https://api.pipedrive.com/v1/persons/2?api_token=ef2c59a6714
4d185277fee92aa9ede877c6c10ff
tJSONtoUpload = {"phone":"555-555-5555"}

Is there something glaring I'm missing? I can get this to execute on their
developer website, but using the same code seems to error out for me in
LiveCode 8.2.0dp2 Business.

--Andrew Bell

subscription preferences: