Rant on my favourite topics : LC server with a side-dish of on-rev :-)

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun Nov 19 13:08:38 EST 2017

> Am 19.11.2017 um 02:17 schrieb Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>>:
>
> For anyone who doesn't use HostM - they use the latest released version for .lc scripts (currently 8.1.7), but by default support script file extensions .lc6, .lc7, .lc8 etc. to specify which series to use - and will then use the latest release within it). Extending this scheme by making it easy to say, e.g. .lc maps to .lc8, would make it much more tractable to always use the latest, without renaming files all over the place if you ever want to switch.
>
> -- Alex.
Just in case someone is interested.
HostM has installed the community edition of LcServer. But  for customers who can proof their purchase/subscription of the commercial version, HostM will install a commercial version for the whole account.  Commercial version is neede if you want to use password protected stacks with LcServer.