The coming of SVG

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Nov 8 13:59:07 EST 2017

Having followed this discussion from digest purgatory while on a conference trip, my vote is for “Viewer” as well.

Viewer has these advantages:
 -  not already a token in either LCS or LCB (that I know of)
 -  is descriptive of what it does
 -  is a nice parallel to player, a container for various time-based media.

Viewport is a possibility, but it seems to already have a fairly precise technical definition in the computer graphics world.

Canvas is okay, but evokes painting not vector graphics.

My $.02.

Devin