Why is everything in the IDE so tiny?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 1 01:58:35 EDT 2017

On 11/1/17 12:04 AM, AcidJazz via use-livecode wrote:
> I'm using a*much*  larger screen (34"
> diameter), and find that virtually everything in the IDE, but especially the
> icons in the object/card/stack inspectors to be freakishly small.

At the top right of the inspector, tool palette, and project browser,
there is an icon that looks like a sunburst (or maybe a gear with a lot
of points.) That opens a menu. Choose "Header/Footer Size" and choose
"Largest". The icons still aren't very big on a high-resolution display
but it's much better than the default.

> why is everything in the object inspector still buried in tabs?

While you were away, the tabs became a popdown menu. It was that way for
years. People complained it took too many clicks to change categories so
it was recently changed back to tabs. You missed your opening I guess.

> It would be so much easier to
> quickly check and make changes if the inspectors were a long column with few
> if any tabs.  You'd just scroll through it, but with sections that you could
> expand or contract.

An accordian control would be a nice compromise. I like that idea.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com