HTML5 deployment: progress comes into sight

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed May 31 09:08:03 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-31 14:30, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode wrote:
> Would it be possible to create a widget that links to an Inkscape
> library that processes svg data and sends it back to the widget to be
> displayed the way PNG is displayed?

No - two issues:

   1) Inkscape is an application - not a C library.

   2) Inkscape is GPL - therefore any solution involving it would be
unusable in commercial.

FWIW I don't believe there are any complete open-source SVG C/C++
library implementations which are not GPL - but would be happy to be
proved wrong.

Obviously WebKit has an implementation, but it is part of WebKit and not
exposed as an independent component as far as I'm aware.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps