HTML5 deployment: progress comes into sight

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed May 31 04:31:26 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-31 04:31, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> Does this relate at all to " LCB to bind to  JavaScript APIs" ?

Directly? No - they are two distinct things.

However, running JavaScript (via LCB) in the HTML5 engine is equivalent
to running JavaScript (via LCB) in a browser widget... The only
'difference' being in the latter it happens in the browser widget you
say, as opposed to the browser running the (HTML5) engine. Of course,
making good use of LCB JavaScript bindings is contingent on having
synchronous JS execution - which we have in the HTML5 engine (due to how
it is implemented), but we don't with the browser widget (due to how the
embedded browsers we use work).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps