Apparently, mobile phone compasses do not work well

jonathandlynch at gmail.com jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Sat May 27 14:46:33 EDT 2017

After a bit of experimentation with different devices, and researching online, I have come to realize that the device simply cannot consistently detect one's bearing with accuracy.

I am going to mimic the way Pokémon Go lets the user spin the view around at will, but still auto adjusts the position as the user walks.

Just something to bear in mind for anyone else developing augmented reality apps.

Sent from my iPhone