Funny pricing policy

** Clarence P Martin ** chipsm at themartinz.com
Fri May 26 12:16:26 EDT 2017

Here, Here Richard!

Sincerely,

Clarence Martin
Email: chipsm at themartinz.com
Cell: 626 6965561

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 9:02 AM
To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Cc: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
Subject: Re: Funny pricing policy

Dan Brown wrote:

> Developer conferences nowadays are more often than not available
> online, for free http://pyvideo.org and are utilised to showcase ideas
> and concepts to a wider audience. They're a great marketing asset,
> especially keynotes

FWIW I requested that my Community session for the LiveCode online conference be made publicly available for free, and they have supported that request.

Everything I volunteer for with the LiveCode Community is for the benefit of everyone, those who might enjoy learning about LiveCode and those who benefit from growing the platform.

One thing worth noting about PyCon and many other conferences for open source platforms is that those are community efforts, organized by and for the community.

Björnke von Gierke used to run a weekly series of video conferences called LiveCode TV. Todd Fabacher has run several live webinars, and he and others have expressed an interest in making those a regular thing.

With Google On Air freely available for everyone (Mac, Windows, Linux), the tools to making and sharing live presentations have only gotten better.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Liaison
  richard at livecode.org