Uploading Image - Livecode Tutorial Example? Sessions?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Fri May 26 11:39:42 EDT 2017

Hello!

Thanks for those that answered about the problem I was having with FTP. It was the URLEncode issue that was tripping me up.

However, I’m changing gears as I hadn’t realized that I could not ftp directly into a htmlpublic directory on On-Rev. Ultimately I am trying to just create a little iOS app that will allow me upload and image and create a simple html page to display the image.

I have been using the LiveCode tutorial here: “How do I use LiveCode graphics features server-side?” (http://lessons.livecode.com/m/15262/l/156710-how-do-i-use-livecode-graphics-features-server-side <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/15262/l/156710-how-do-i-use-livecode-graphics-features-server-side>)

I can’t get this to work the “start session” included in the script?

The example starts:
---------------
<?lc
start session
## enter the image file into our $_SESSION if one's just been uploaded
if $_FILES["imagefile"] is not empty then
          put url("binfile:" & $_FILES["imagefile"]["filename"]) into $_SESSION["imagedata"]
end if
if $_SESSION["imagedata"] is empty then
          printForm ## no image has been uploaded so display the form to upload one
else
          create image “myImage” …

————————

If I take the “start session” out, the server script works, sort of…as I think it will upload the image, but because there is no session, you can’t manipulate the image.

Has anybody got this example to work? I have tried moving the “start session” around to different areas of the server script, but that does not seem to work either.

Thank you!
John Patten
SUSD