breakpoint on parameter

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed May 24 12:12:42 EDT 2017

On 05/24/2017 08:23 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> Right now, though there might be a way in the IDE by using an IDE
> mechanism - the IDE has an API allowing an object to subscribe to a
> message when any properties of that object change:
>
>    revIDESubscribe "idePropertyChanged", <long id of target object>
>
> The idePropertyChanged message gets sent to the object which calls
> revIDESubscribe. In that handler you can inspect the malfunctioning
> object's properties.

That's a clever solution. And there's a corresponding revIDEUnsubscribe
message as well as a revIDEUnsubscribeAll for when you're done. I don't
believe any of these are documented, but they're useful and, in my case
at least, essential.

For now the subscribe messages are limited to a predefined set of IDE
messages, but the long-term plan as I understand it is to open up the
mechanism to allow for user-defined messages as well.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com