Sql problem

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue May 23 20:53:56 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:10 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <

> But it looks like I could dispense with the php and directly access the
> mySQL db from my mobile app, without a cgi?

William,

You could but it is not a good security practice to expose a mysql database
to the larger internet. The internet is very hostile and keeping your mysql
server safe would be a job on its own. Best you use your php cgi or
anything else to put a wall between your database and the net.

Never, ever, expose a database server. Thats a golden rule. Now, if you're
building something that is for internal use on a LAN, business network,
intranet, then the rules are different, even though, even in this case, I
would put something in front of the database if it was up to me to make
such decision.

Cheers
andre

--