news about the new Google Play policy

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon May 22 08:20:48 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-22 14:09, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> I did get follow up messages from the Google policy guy. Here’s what he
> said:
>
> " I will indeed talk to the team behind developing the policies update
> around dynamic code loading and surface the livecode environment. I do
> not believe that the intent here is to prevent their model, but we
> will absolutely explore whats going on with that framework to figure
> out a path forward."

Great - I'm more than happy to discuss this with them as pertains to
LiveCode.

If LCB FFI is not used, then everything is fine. If it is used, then
it does open the door to being able to download non-native executable
(LCB VM) code to be downloaded and extend the API access of an app.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps