WannaCry [OT]

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri May 19 12:02:18 EDT 2017

I don't think it's a matter of programming standards. The methods used to exploit systems are almost always something you could never have guessed. Flaws in code can be extremeny difficult to see, as was the case in the SSL Heartbleed bug. None of the devs saw the bug when it was approved for merging. Seeing what it was and what it ought to have been would be like seeing a needle in a haystack. I have thought for some time that it is the nature of digital information and our human minds incapacity to comprehend it in its real form that makes it nearly impossible to produce "unhackable" code.

Bob S