Writing Extensions

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu May 18 03:25:02 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-17 23:30, JB via use-livecode wrote:
> It looks to me like a the easier stepping
> stone to fill the gap is just write the code
> in C/C++, compile it and call it using a
> shell coimmand.

That works fine for batch processing type scenarios, certainly.

However, it doesn't work if you want to display a visual element in a
window, or need access to the rich in memory data structure the LiveCode
engine has (e.g. the object tree, variables containing arrays, or large
strings etc).

It also won't ever work on iOS...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.