Writing Extensions

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed May 17 12:05:13 EDT 2017

On 05/17/2017 12:19 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> Yes - LCB errors now emit with a marker and code line as to where the error
> is... However, this requires a monospaced font to look right (it works
> really well from the terminal, for example) - so just making the log in
> field in the extension builder use such a font should fix that issue (if
> I understand Mark's issue correctly).
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.

Ha! Yes, It sounds like that should take care of that issue. I kept
thinking the pointer was showing me where the error occurred (the line
number was correct), but I kept changing the parameter it was pointing
to and still got the same syntax error. I finally narrowed down what was
going on with that line, and it had nothing to do with what was being
pointed out to me. I'll file a bug report on this.

However, "Syntax error" as the sole error message doesn't really help
much in telling me what I might have done wrong, especially given the
lack of a messagebox or irb style playground to experiment with things.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com