Dispatching Messages to Closed Stacks Which Are Not in Memory

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue May 16 14:10:36 EDT 2017

On 5/15/17 10:47 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> ut seems like we have to work too hard…
> would be neater to have a way to dispatch and toplevel at the same time.

They serve different purposes. "Dispatch" controls the message path.
"Open" controls the state of the stack in the UI. There are many
instances where you do not want the stack toplevel or even visible but
you do want it to be in the message path.

Dispatch and "send" are similar. You would not expect a stack to
toplevel itself every time you send a message to it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com