Transparent browser widgets?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon May 15 13:27:29 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-15 19:10, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
> I have to agree with Richard on this.  It seems tis always time to add
> new
> and cool features to iOS and Mac, but not enough time to repair what
> has
> been broken.  Linux isn't as mainstream, but it does have a decent base
> of
> committed users.  I do believe they too would enjoy functional
> audio/video
> content in their LC apps.  Just sayin'.

Um - where did I say the request was going to be implemented NOW?
Nowhere that I can see...

I filed an enhancement request so the suggestion wasn't lost - why did
I?

Because I recalled adding an opaque property to the mobileControl
"browser" API years ago that did what was requested (on both iOS and
Android, IIRC). Given that Mac now uses WebView and not CEF, and thus
benefits from the flexibility of NSViews directly, it seemed reasonable
that the same approach used then would work on Mac too.

Therefore, it seemed a reasonable thing to record this fact - it gives
no indication of when it might get done, if at all (of course, being
open-source means that someone who is not us might do it).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps