WannaCry [OT]

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Mon May 15 13:14:36 EDT 2017

So back to what happened on Friday, in the western world, firms that have
large investments in large and very expensive pieces of gear (which, I
forgot to mention also carry lead times of 12-18 months in many cases), and
large and very expensive software systems weren't paranoid enough.  I can't
speak to what happened in the former Eastern Bloc, since they were hit much
harder than everyone else, but I suspect that glasnost has not been as good
for them as they may have hoped.  No one has mentioned it, but I have to
wonder what happened behind PRC's Great Firewall, and in DPRK.  I would
also be curious to see, over the coming weeks, how severe the effect was in
Africa.

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <