WannaCry [OT]

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Mon May 15 04:07:25 EDT 2017

> On 13 May 2017, at 6:05 pm, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> What I do not understand is how organisations like the British State Health System (NHS) cane be so bl**dy stupid to
> rely on Windows, without (obviously) all sorts of safeguards.

I recently finished a fixed term contract working for a pretty IT savvy NHS Trust.  The NHS has been forced by central government to reallocate IT (and other infrastructure) monies to front line services.  They are also trapped by legacy software with dependencies on old (and proprietary) Windows systems and software. Now obviously stupid, but actually historic stupidity which was in the 1990s disguised  as good business and standard practice.

Not to mention the Clinical Information Systems which look and behave as if it is still the 1990’s.

Apart from that, everything is fine.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow