Wouldn't it be nice to have a "back/forward" button in script editor?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 11 15:18:22 EDT 2017

On 5/11/17 2:09 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> On 5/11/17 9:45 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>>>
>>> Isn't that the use-case that in other editors is supported with split
>>> views?
>>
>> That would be really good for editing, but back/forward is better for
>> tracing script flow which is mostly what I want it for.
>
> Yes, that's what I'm thinking of: what could be better than jumping back
> and forth than not having to jump at all?

Well, I don't usually jump only once. If I do, I just use the built-in
trick I described. But what I usually need to do is follow script flow
from one handler to the one that called it, to the one that called that,
the back to the second one until I see another reference, then jump to
that one, see what it does, then back to the first one, then on to
another one.

How many split windows would that take?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com