Unable to set breakpoint

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue May 9 15:55:35 EDT 2017

On 05/09/2017 07:32 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:

> I do still have an old pre-7 prefs file in the same folder as the new
> one, since I need to open LC 6 occasionally. It may be that LC 9
> couldn't read or update it so it just gave up.

Here's what I found earlier with the preferences files:

There's some incompatibility between the LC6 and LC7+ preference files,
and afaict it hasn't been resolved yet. The problem is compounded by the
fact that when you launch LC7+ without a livecode7.rev preferences file,
it reads the older format and creates a new one for you. This file is
incompatible with LC7+, and so you end up with undefined things
happening. If you don't have a previous preferences file then when LC7+
creates a new one for you it doesn't have the problems.

So my way around this is:

delete the livecode7.rev preferences file
rename the livecode.rev preferences file to <something>
launch LC7+ -- this will create a new livecode7.rev file for you
rename the <something> file back to livecode.rev

you now have both livecode.rev and livecode7.rev files in your
preferences folder, both will work with their respective versions, but
of course you need to configure the LC7+ preferences because now they're
all the defaults.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com