Unable to set breakpoint

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue May 9 11:24:01 EDT 2017

Same here... no IDE at all.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf
Of J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 10:32 AM
To: How to use LiveCode
Cc: J. Landman Gay
Subject: Re: Unable to set breakpoint

Panos, it wasn't just the tools palette, there was no IDE at all. There were
no menus except for the default OS X one that allowed me to quit.
Nothing else loaded, so no message box, tools, keyboard shortcuts, etc. It
acted like the startup aborted very early in the process. But the odd thing
was that the start center did appear and when it tried to lead me through
the tutorial it pointed to places on screen where the nonexistent menus
would have been. I was able to open my own stack only by dropping it on the
dock since there was no File menu to use. But without any menus, app or
project browsers, or tools I couldn't actually do anything with it. The
entire IDE was missing.

I do still have an old pre-7 prefs file in the same folder as the new one,
since I need to open LC 6 occasionally. It may be that LC 9 couldn't read or
update it so it just gave up.

I only have one monitor, and the startup didn't get far enough to load any
plugins.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com

On May 9, 2017 4:06:33 AM panagiotis merakos via use-livecode

preferences: