Shell argv

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:32:31 EDT 2017

If you are in terminal, and in the folder where your executable is, and you
type

./yourexecutablename arg1 arg2
does it do what you expect? (note the preceding dot . which means to start
at the working directory)

If the file is set to executable by you, it should work.  If you type the
command without the preceding dot slash ./ and if its not in the path, it
won't work, so you DO need to be explicit as to where it is. (hence the ./
it defines exactly where to find the file so being in the set PATH isn't
necessary)

If it DOES work that way from the command line, then in your script you can
a) set the folder to the location of the file, and then b) do a
shell("./theExe arg1 arg2") and it should work.  Or for a) you can give a
full path specification to the location of the file.

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:54 PM, JB via use-livecode <