looking for a smart approach to "sort" an array

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon May 8 11:10:52 EDT 2017

Every time you state the problem you are trying to solve, I catch myself saying "This is not how I would do it." Array values are not searchable, which makes it unsuitable for searching. Fields can be searched easily enough, datagrids without too much more trouble are searchable, and databases are the best way to go about this. You can load/save the data you put into the field with openCard/closeCard, and let the user do whatever they want with the data itself.

If all you are trying to do is let the user rearrange and save data in a field, why not just load/save the contents of the field in a property on openCard/closeCard? I do not grasp why the transform to an array is accomplishing anything.

Bob S