Calling a livecode executable -ui from LC server and get back a result.

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri May 5 09:55:03 EDT 2017

I am running my Android Remote Tester LC app as a Windows Service on Win 10. It has a UI for debugging/examining operation when run in the Windows UI and this UI does not cause any problems when running as a service. I just startup up everything in the preopenstack. This app does socket communications for user requests and performs various functions including shelling out to the OS and returning the result back to the client. It's been very reliable while running as a service and has never has any mysterious crashes. This app supports multi user connections. I use the socket address as an index into an array for session context. As it is single threaded, it has to finish one request before it can work on the next but does not have the overhead of starting up a new process for each connection/request. Could this work for you?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net