Will LiveCode run an x86 android device?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 1 19:52:25 EDT 2017

Jan Schenkel wrote:

 > So LiveCode is a bit of an outsider, as the apps it produces spend
 > little time in the Dalvik/ART virtual machine. All scripts run in the
 > native portion, and events are funneled from the VM into native code
 > to be handled there.

This leaves me wondering which percentage is larger:

How many Android apps like LiveCode are written in C++ rather than Java?

-vs-

How many Android devices have an x86 processor?

My hunch is that there are more C++ apps on Android than there are x86
devices they can't run on, but I have no data on that.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems