Set Layer bug?

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Mar 28 18:28:24 EDT 2017

Is this a bug or am I losing my mind?   Can anyone confirm?

Using LC 9.0.0 DP-6, set the layer of any object to anything and it always get’s set to the topmost layer.  To repeat, put three buttons on a card: “button1”, “button2” and “button3”.  The, put this in the stack script:

on mouseUp
  set the layer of the target to 2
  set the label of btn "button1" to the layer of btn "button1"
  set the label of btn "button2" to the layer of btn "button2"
  set the label of btn "button3" to the layer of btn "button3"
end mouseUp

You’ll see that any button you click, always get’s set to layer 3, even though you’ve set it to 2.

Thank you!
-Dan