Object Selection Handles

dunbarx dunbarx at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 11:53:50 EDT 2017

Ali.

I was presumptuous.

But having handles fully within their object makes them easy to grab without
possibly selecting a near neighbor instead. I have this issue all the time,
aligning and adjusting closely spaced controls. I often just select a
control, nudge it a few times with an arrowKey to clear the handle of
interest, and only then grab. This is a pain.

So do you see any advantage to having handles outboard?

And rectangular handles are at least conforming with the typical shape and
extent of a control's rect; a round peg does not fit in that hole, and
somewhat misleads as to the precise visual boundary of that rect.

Anyway, if my vote counts at all, rectangular handles inBoard, a la v.6.

Craig Newman